Pharmaceutical manufacturers are among the most advanced users of technology and information systems. Their manufacturing processes are supported by multiple dedicated IT systems—some centralized, some local—yet these systems do not always cover everything needed for top-quality manufacturing in a heavily regulated industry.
Often, additional capabilities are needed, such as 360° real-time views into plant operation across multiple systems, automated data gathering, and real-time IoT data analysis from machines on the plant floors. Direct communication between departments, plant floor operations, and management is an ongoing challenge due to lack of real-time collaboration around actual data to help improve process flow and on-time order delivery.
From customer order through production to delivery, Decisyon App Composer (DAC) allows manufacturers to manage their entire supply chain and manufacturing processes in unique ways—including in-plant operations and upstream/downstream partners.
By enabling the application of lean manufacturing principles, one company used DAC's pharmaceutical manufacturing process solutions to:
- Link plant systems to streamline information flows and integrate plant operations—connecting ERP, MES, SCADA, LIMS, MHS, TrackWise, legacy systems, and unstructured data
- Automatically schedule and execute plant processes, operations, and problem resolutions
- Eliminate gaps in pharmaceutical manufacturing and production processes
- Share information across all stages of operations
- Quickly make decisions that can be executed directly back into plant processes
- Connect multiple facilities, even those with disparate systems and processes
- Capture detailed data in real-time from the shop floor while there is still time to act
- Summarize data to separate signal from noise
This implementation was done in successive steps, delivering a successful solution for a specific process or department before moving to the next deployment.
DAC's ability to link multiple systems is providing managers and operators with a comprehensive view of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and allowing collaboration around real-time data. This functionality is yielding:
- 50% reduction of activities in the departments that implement Decisyon App Composer
- 10-15% improvement in operating expenses
- 50-75% reduction in project implementation time and costs
- Up to 50% reduction in work-in-process inventory